I’ve been tied up, had some issues with my shoulder that made working on the truck difficult at best, so I didn’t. I did keep doing some reading, so we are still prepping for the next steps.
Along those lines, Dad and I went out last week and got some more tools, some big tools… 🙂 We got another floor jack and some jack stands, an engine stand and a shop crane/engine hoist to get the block out and onto the stand. Of course that also meant I had to clear some additional space. I was already planning on making the space for the engine stand, just meant it was time to make it happen.
I also decided to remove the horn, note it is in the perfect position to catch every knee that happens to come by… I know, because I keep clipping it and I don’t want to either hurt myself or break it off. LOL
I have also started loosening the bolts holding the driver’s side fender on. Removing the fender before removing the block makes sense, it would be so much harder to take out the block with it in place.
Hopefully this week/weekend I can get back into making some progress, I’m hoping to get the block out maybe as soon as this coming weekend, Labor Day, although realistically it probably won’t be for a couple more weekends as I still have a bunch of things to do.
Removing the fender requires removing the headlight or at least the wiring, hopefully in a nondestructive fashion… I’m not worried about breaking the headlight, but I may end up cutting the wiring harness and I’m not sure, that may mean committing to an all new wiring harness.
But we will see…